Newbie DATA STRUCTURES Question.

thehaas at my-deja.com thehaas at my-deja.com
Sun Aug 6 00:34:46 EDT 2000

In article <398B9763.C6304B5D at nycap.rr.com>,
  gbp <gpepice1 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> I got a little hung up on thinking in Perl terms.  Once I stepped back
> and let python be a different langauge stuff made more sense.  In Perl
> you can't really make a list of records you have to make a list of
> pointers to records.  In Python it seems you can make a list of
anything
> you want.

That happens to everyone that has (too much) Perl hertiage.  I've been
using Python exclusively over Perl for a while and stuff like this
*still* bites me.  However, it is much easier to get work done in Python
than in Perl, once you get the hang of it.  Not only that, you can
actually read and understand your Python programs after not looking at
them for a few weeks.  With my Perl stuff, that is rarely the case.

Of course, that means that when I have to work on one of my old Perl
programs (and I still have a few), I re-write it in Python first. ;-)
Soon, you'll be in the same shoes as me.

- mikeh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.