Content of the Perl6 talk

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Wed Aug 2 08:16:14 EDT 2000

In article <16E8935DE8C35BF0.1E652ED229DA405D.479F9E5D07D36E5F at lp.airnews.net>,
I expostulated:
><URL:http://deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=651665267> is the most pro-
>vocative summary I've yet seen of Larry Wall's talk at the O'Reilly
>Open Source Convention.  Mark-Jason Dominus's typically masterful
><URL:http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/07/perl6.html> provides technical
>details.  I think at least the first of these will reward a quick
>read by everyone involved in planning the futures of, for example,
>Python and Tcl.  I applaud Conrad Schneiker for his care in prepar-
>ing this.
			.
			.
			.
Timbot points out in <URL:http://deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=652003755>,
posted only for comp.lang.python, that Mr. Schneiker's piece "appears
to be taken verbatim from Adam Turoff's excellent p5p mtg notes, at:

	  http://www.perl.org/perl6/pr/initial_meeting.html"

Thanks to Tim for his scholarly diligence.

Also, Dale Dougherty has written
<URL:http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/rt/07282000/transcript.html>
which will interest most of the same readers.

In related news, I hope we'll start hearing soon directly from Perl6
participants how they feel about co-operating with those working on
other languages in the manner this, and related threads, have proposed.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net