ZOPE Python edit debug cycle

Phlip phlip_cpp at my-deja.com
Mon Aug 28 15:50:13 EDT 2000

Newsgroupies.

I installed ZOPE on Win32, and noticed it came with a bunch of
"Products"; each a kind of "soft driver" written in some language
(typically Python) to drive the ZObject space & build Web pages.

Then I tried to edit a py file and see the new output. I had to use
this sequence to see my tiny change:

    make the change
    save the change
    Stop the ZOPE service
    Start the ZOPE service
    Refresh the ZOPE Web page
    Inspect the change.

If I had a syntax error, ZOPE throws it away and I never get to read
it.

The inner question: How, in ZOPE land, do you ask it to refresh its
concepts of all the Python files without stopping and restarting the
service?

The outer question: What does a healthy edit/debug cycle look
like?

--
 Phlip

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/