Looking for Python programmers--where to search?

dwassena at julian.uwo.ca dwassena at julian.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 29 17:43:37 EDT 2000

In article <8oh4mi0etd at news2.newsguy.com>,
  "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thumbs down.  One vehicle at a
> time, as per tradition, is, by far, a better idea.
>
> Alex

hmm problem though, I went through that school.  (pascal, c, c++).

Just got introduced to scheme and can't stand it.  Really can't get my
mind around the functional aspects of it. Although with some
perspective I am gaining with using python the dynamic typing is less
an issue, as is the tuple idea.

I think you need wide exposure to gain the perspective to really
appreciate how somethings work.  Of course exposure like you get in
school is not the same as real, full, knowledge of the language that a
programmer would have. (trying to distinguish between what resumes will
say and the reality)

dan

--
"Ancient weapons and hokey religions are no match for a good blaster
at your side kid." - Han Solo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.