Newbie switching from TCL

Alexander Williams thantos at gw.total-web.net
Wed Aug 23 17:52:51 EDT 2000

Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> It's very strange, but every time I'm in a university computing
> department they laugh at and make jokes about Bill, when I meet
> commercial computer people they don't have the same attitude. It's
> probably a money thing.

Believe me, they laugh and make jokes about Bill in the commercial
field, too, its just a bit more like black humour, since they've been
gouged to the tune of several million by the man ... and, worse, know
it.  Tends to promote a sort of Gladiatorial calm, really.

(In the future, Robin, can I entreat you to trim the response you make
to remove the original message, save for the points you respond to?
No reason to leave unused bytes languishing on millions of news
servers everywhere in the world; think of all the wasted murdered
electrons!)

--
Alexander Williams (thantos at gw.total-web.net)           | In the End,
  "Blue Jester needs food."                             | Oblivion