how to get text between HTML tags with URLLIB??

Roy Katz katz at Glue.umd.edu
Sat Aug 19 11:08:12 EDT 2000

Thank you very much :)

Roey

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Alex Martelli wrote:

> urllib has the purpose to "Open an arbitrary resource by URL".
yes, I figured the difference between urllib and HTMLlib just now :)
thank you :)

> If the resource you open is an HTML stream, you can parse it
> through htmllib (a rather low-level approach, not particularly
> easy to use) or through other, higher-level (and thus easier
> to use) HTML parsers; for example, to respect the relevant
> W3C standards for the document object model to use with
> HTML documents, look at 4DOM:
>     http://fourthought.com/4Suite/4DOM/

I took a look at the specification -- it seems very complicated.  I
couldn't find any examples off of this url, but I'll search on google.