Newbie switching from TCL

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Aug 20 10:58:52 EDT 2000

In article <8noo7c$4et$1 at news.online.de>,
Henning Hanusa <henning at 3s-hanusa.de> wrote:

>I need some help/hints, because obviously I missed something in
>event-handling!?

Tcl does do event-handling more elegantly than Python.  In Python, you
need to use threads to do the same thing (generally speaking; there are
other ways, but they usually require more work).  Take a look at the
"threading" module; if that's not clear, come back and we'll give you
some more help.

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little
statesmen and philosophers and divines."  -- Ralph Waldo Emerson