help with a com object

Scott Hathaway slhath at home.com.nospam
Thu Aug 31 08:55:29 EDT 2000

Here is the weird thing.  It turns out not to be a php problem or a python
problem.
Acutally created a COM server in VB and then accessed it from ASP on IIS 4
and
with PHP and with VB (outside of IIS) and in python (outside of IIS).  It
works fine
outside of IIS on drives other than drive c:, but not within IIS.  I don't
even know how
IIS could know what drive I am pulling from in the COM object!  Microsoft
can really
be a pain sometimes.

:)

Scott

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:8ol3i2016o4 at news1.newsguy.com...
> "Scott Hathaway" <slhath at home.com> wrote in message
> news:Izgr5.96131$oj6.2037584 at news1.rdc1.tx.home.com...
> > Everyone,
> >
> > Thanks for your help!  I now have the COM object working, but PHP it
seems
> > cannot handle the string.  I will post into the PHP group and see if
> anyone
> > knows why.
> >
> > It seems that I am doomed to knowing just enough about many languages to
> be
> > extremely dangerous and not knowing enough to be good in any of them.
the