SOAP and Python, anyone?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu Aug 24 14:48:42 EDT 2000

"Alex Martelli" <alex at magenta.com> writes:

> Is there somewhere a kit to let me play with SOAP via
> Python?  It seems the reference implementations are
> Perl, COM, and Java, so I guess I could start with any
> of those, but just thought I'd check if anybody else
> has already done something...

If I could piggy-back on this request, I'm also curious as to what
anyone's impressions are at this point of SOAP versus XML-RPC with
respect to purely inter-Python communication.

My take on things a few months back was that the SOAP standard was
still fluid, and it was getting fairly, as such things are wont to do,
as a standard.

For anyone who's been working with it, if you were going to do some
inter-Python requesting today, would you go for SOAP, or stick with
the (easier to my quick look) XML-RPC approach?

--
-- David