ANN: PyStream - a C++ stream emulation

Neil Hodgson neilh at scintilla.org
Tue Aug 22 21:15:56 EDT 2000

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote

> I think , people will talk about Python 1.5 like people speak
> about Latin, a language which reached its height and then
> was getting complicated and degenerated.
>
> Long live to classic Python, the times of the 1.5 !!

   It is almost worth starting a Python 1.5.2 conservation society and web
site to preserve Python at the height of its beauty when it had a good
license and hadn't been line noised with augmented assignments and IO
redirection operators. Pity 1.5.2 doesn't include Unicode support.

   Alternatively, I'm thinking about writing a version of Lua that uses
indentation for blocks.

   progress-stopped-in-99-ly y'rs,

   Neil