PythonWin, COM, SolidWorks, Huh?

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Sat Aug 12 03:32:40 EDT 2000

"William Wicker" <remove.me.wwicker at spectratechnologies.com> wrote in
message news:39943819.65368645 at news.onlineisp.com...

> I have been experimenting with Python as a scripting language for
> SolidWorks as time allows. For the most part, I'm quite pleased with
> what I see.
>
> Every so often, there is something that makes me scratch my head a
> bit. I attach below an example.

It certainly looks wierd, but I have no idea.  There are tests of
doubles talking to VB in the Python COM test suite.

Unfortunately, people do use PythonCOM with arrays of doubles, so I
have no real choice other than to put it down to SolidWorks (although,
of course, they will probably tell you that it also works perfectly
with VB, so it must be Python's fault:).

I'm happy to talk to the SolidWorks developers if they care enough...

Mark.