GTK/Gnome or TKinker?

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Fri Aug 4 03:01:54 EDT 2000

"Steve Lamb" <grey at despair.rpglink.com> wrote in message
news:slrn8ok6lr.m7e.grey at teleute.rpglink.com...
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 01:21:50 +0100, Robert Cragie
> <robert.cragie@*nospam*asisi.co.uk> wrote:
> >I am using wxPython in preference to Tkinter and I think it is really
good.
> >It has a natural set of classes which are familiar to anyone who has done
> >Windows programming using MFC. It runs on Windows and GTK. Check out
> >http://wxpython.org.
>
>     Looks good at a quick glance, what are the license restrictions?

Have a look at licence.txt, and licendoc.txt for the documentation, once
you've installed wxPython (well worth trying out).

It's GNU Library General Public Licence (LGPL), further de-viralized by
adding a permission to you just in case you want to avail yourself of it...:
"""
you may use, copy, link, modify and distribute under the user's own terms,
binary object code versions of works based on the Library.
"""

Alex