Free Memory Read. Help!!

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Thu Aug 3 15:15:15 EDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 08:36:21PM +0200, Vladimir Marangozov wrote:
> Pramod Kumar Singh wrote:
> > Vladimir Marangozov wrote:

> > > What Python version are you profiling?

> > Its python 1.5.2 with TCL/TK 8.2.2 on sun solaris 2.6, with SUN sparc
> > compiler 4.X

> Ouch. We've had a long way towards fixing memory leaks and thread races
> since then. I'd suggest waiting a few days for the incoming 1.6 release
> and see whether your apps exhibit the same behavior. Alternatively, you
> can grab the current CVS snapshot from SourceForge. Unfortunately, this
> is the only reasonable advice I can give you for the moment...

Note that if you do check out the CVS tree and run it with purify (which
would be cool), it would be additionally cool if you could check out SF
patch #100803:

http://sourceforge.net/patch/?func=detailpatch&patch_id=100803&group_id=5470

It's a patch that adds ANSI C prototypes and function declarations to the
module, but noone has been able to sufficiently test it.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>