Marking translatable strings

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Tue Aug 29 11:03:04 EDT 2000

Awhile ago I wrote:

    >>> 1. It seems to me that the natural extension of the current
    >>> string syntax is to allow a prefix 't' in front of strings intended
    >>> to be translated.

Recently, François replied:

and then Barry said:

    BAW> I agree.

Just to try and kill this thread before it gets a full head of steam, please
note that my original message was sent to François on 16 September 1999
(yes, almost a year ago).

Obviously, had I been more strident in singing the praises of t-strings,
we'd have 'em in Python 2.0. ;-)

That said, I think we can safely kill this thread...

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at mojam.com)
http://www.mojam.com/