Configuring Apache to serve python cgi script

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel andres at mail.mamey.com
Fri Aug 11 13:12:36 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm using Apache+Zope to serve up a website. In addition, I want to be
able to serve regular cgi scripts.

This is all being accomplished by the use of the mod_rewrite module in Apache. So I have a rule that goes like this:

RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/(.*) /path/to/cgi-bin/$1 [t=application/x-httpd-cgi]

The problem is that this triggers Netscape to save the file instead of
executing the file.

This has me stumped because there is a similar rule that serves the Zope content and it also sets the type to "application/x-httpd-cgi" and it gets executed properly.

Why is this happening? How do I fix it? Thank you.

Andres Corrada