compiler warning in socketmodule.c: 1.6b1, RH6.2 Intel

Grant Edwards ge at nowhere.none
Wed Aug 9 17:22:28 EDT 2000

When I build 1.6b1 under RH6.2 (Intel) I get a warning in
socketmodule.c:

  gcc  -g -O2 -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c ./socketmodule.c
  In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:34,
                   from /usr/include/netdb.h:31,
                   from ./socketmodule.c:122:

  /usr/include/bits/socket.h:35: warning: empty declaration

It doesn't appear to happen with 1.5.2 or 1.6a2.

A #define for socklen_t has been added to config.h, which
causes a warning when the same name is typedef'ed by
/usr/include/bits/socket.h.

I think that the problem is that socklen_t isn't defined by
#include <sys/types.h> -- which is what the config script does
to check.  Right?

The linux header typedef's it to be unsigned, and config.h
#defines it as "int", but I don't think it's going to cause a
problem.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  World War Three can
                                  at               be averted by adherence