Register COM Server...

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Tue Aug 1 22:38:57 EDT 2000

[Posted and mailed]

"Dag Sunde" <dag at orion.no> wrote in message
news:%XAh5.11962$_r3.1639574 at juliett.dax.net...
> Why does this fragment give me an error in register.py?
>
> (It's the SimpleCOMServer.py example taken from Mark Hammond's
>  book, "Python programming on win32")

Did you type the sample in, or grab it from the samples zip file?

It _appears_ that this problem could be caused by your class having
neither of "_reg_progid_" or "_reg_desc_" attributes - is it possible you
missed one of the underscores?

If you did indeed type it in and this is not the problem, please send me
the class as you typed it!  This error is too cryptic, and needs to be
fixed.

Thanks,

Mark.