The resurrection of comp.lang.python.announce

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at beopen.com
Fri Aug 25 13:05:22 EDT 2000

Well, after nearly 6 months of inactivity, I'm very happy to say that
comp.lang.python.announce is being revived.  It will now be moderated
by a team of volunteers (see below) using a Mailman mailing list.
Details about comp.lang.python.announce, and its mailing list gateway
python-announce-list at python.org can be found at

Posting guidelines can be found at

   ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/comp.lang.python.announce/python-newsgroup-faq

This message also serves as a call for moderators.  I am looking for 5
experienced Python folks who would like to team moderator the
newsgroup.  It is a big plus if you've moderated newsgroups before.

If you are interested in volunteering, please email me directly.  Once
I've chosen the current crop of moderators, I'll give you instructions
on how to do it.  Don't worry if you don't get chosen this time
around; I'm sure we'll have some rotation in the moderators ranks as
time goes on.

Cheers,
-Barry