Python, VC++, and Mingw32

Alexander V. Voinov avv at quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Thu Aug 10 22:32:30 EDT 2000

Hi

Tom wrote:

> I think they use VC because it produces the fastest executables, and it is
> important that the Python interpreter be as fast as possible.  But your
> point is still valid.

Are there any benchmarx available? Recently I've heard a similar statement in
another mailing list and was surprised. I measured only Fortran performance last
years (failing to imagine a problem where a C generated code would be so stupid
that I would feel it on modern hardware), and g77 was always a bit ahead of
powerstation/dvf. But dont' they (gcc and g77) use one and the same backend?

It would be good to support bcc5.5 anyway, because wxWindows supports it.

Alexander