what kind of work do you do

Bernhard Herzog herzog at online.de
Sun Aug 20 12:46:13 EDT 2000

sp00fD <sp00fD at yahoo.com> writes:

> In article <m3vgwwrxhl.fsf at greebo.nodomain.de>,
>   Bernhard Herzog <herzog at online.de> wrote:
> > nobody at nowhere.nohow (Grant Edwards) writes:
> >
> > >  4) A plug-in for the Sketch drawing package that I use to draw
> > >     diagrams for my technical documentation.
> >
> > Cool. Waht does it do? Could it be interesting for other users as
> well?
> > If so I might want to distribute it with Sketch or at least put a link
> > onto the Sketch homepage if it's available fro download.
> >

> By the way, that Sketch program is cool as hell!  Good job.

Thank you!

> I love to see great things done with python. I hate seeing python (and
> even perl) being grouped into this CGI mentality, as if it's unable to
> do anything but that. Programs like Sketch and PySol (among others)
> are doing wonderful things for the python community.

I hope that programs like PySol, IDLE and also Sketch demonstrate that
Python is not just a scripting language but a general purpose language
suitable for large/serious/<insert adjective of choice> applications.

--
Bernhard Herzog   | Sketch, a drawing program for Unix
herzog at online.de  | http://sketch.sourceforge.net/