stopping tkinter callbacks

Bob van der Poel bvdpoel at uniserve.com
Sun Aug 27 20:58:48 EDT 2000

Is it possible to stop the callback/binding in tkinter for a moment
which some other stuff is going on. Here's my problem:

	- A button or menu is bound to the function Spam
	- when Spam is called it has to create a complicated window. This
		takes a second or so. Once the window is created it
		grabs the focus, so hitting the button again is ignored
		since the window with the button is no longer active.
	- Life is wonderful

However, if the user clicks the button a 2nd time while the Spam window
is being created...2 (or more) windows are now created.

So, in Spam I need to turn off binding handling until it grabs the
focus. Ideas???

--
   __
  /  )      /         Bob van der Poel