How to build the PyXML module ?

Bernhard Herzog herzog at online.de
Thu Aug 17 13:53:09 EDT 2000

"nico" <nicolas.menoux at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Distutils package but when I setup the xlm package I got
> some errors due certainly to a wrong path for the Distutils. It seems it
> seeks in /var/tmp/Distutils-buildroot/usr/lib/python1.5..... instead of
> /usr/lib/python1.5... I guess. How to define this path or am I doing
> something wrong ?

It would have helped if you had posted the traceback you sent me by mail
here as well. Anyway, the relevant bit of the traceback indicates that
the file /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile is missing (since this is
only one line of an error message, I think it's OK to quote from a
private mail):

   distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation:
   unable to open /usr/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile (Aucun fichier ou
   répertoire de ce type)

That file and the other files in /usr/lib/python1.5/config/ is part of
the python-devel RPM which should be on your Red Hat 6.2 CDs (it should
be available from Red Hat's ftp-servers as well, of course). Installing
that package should fix your problems.

--
Bernhard Herzog   | Sketch, a drawing program for Unix
herzog at online.de  | http://sketch.sourceforge.net/