Python 2.1 and Stackless

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Thu Aug 17 00:26:39 EDT 2000

Terry Reedy wrote:

> "Cameron Laird" <claird at starbase.neosoft.com>
> >
> > I'm not out to waste Christian's time with wasted
> > motion.  My only point is that its current absence
> > from the core is only a modest impediment to Stack-
> > less's diffusion.  Its viability is already almost
> > as great as it will be once it's in the core, because
> > it's a technology that'll be desired and supported
> > for a long time, whatever the details of its canoni-
> > zation.
>
> >From what I understand of Tismer's writings and private email (as of some
> months ago),
> there are a few more things that he could do to make the conversion more
> complete,
> cleaner, and (hopefully) faster,  once it is incorporated into the core,
> that he cannot very well do now while maintaining the ability to reconvert
> successive C-stack versions with reasonable effort.
>
> In other words, the absence of stackless from the core has been, as of the
> last I have heard, an impediment to the proper completion of stackless. ...
> But we'll see what Christian comes up with.

Hrmmm. I'm feeling challenged :-)

I will keep efforts on getting Stackless into the core.
Before, I cannot work on the perfect solution since the gap
would be growing and growing.
After having stackless in the core, you might expect a complete
stackless coming up in a while. This will not be just a few hundred
lines of changes, but a real challenge for someone else then...

help-me-to-get-my-foot-into-the-door-and-it'll-break - ly y'rs

p.s.: the door, not the foot ;-)