Regular Expressions

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Aug 1 22:53:52 EDT 2000

> I am planning to embed Python into an app, wherby the app also needs to
> use regular expression matching insid the app - so it seems sencible to
> use the pythons own reg exp routines. I don't wish to invoke the
> interpriter everytime I need to do a match. How do you call the regular
> expression matching directly from C++.

The 1.5.2 tar.gzip distribution has full C sources.  There are two you
should look at:
the python pcre code itself (one long file -- lib directory?)
the re module code which interfaces Python to the above (module directory?)

The second should show something about how to directly interface to the
first.

TJR