Simple Server

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Aug 30 07:44:38 EDT 2000

Nick Trout <nick at nil_spam_videosystem.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]
> To be honest. I'm not finding Zope that difficult (and its looks as though
> it will be the business!).

Oh, but you will! :) Seriously, no, Zope isn't that hard but there *are*
quite a few concepts floating around in it that may be hard to use
effectively at first; acquisition is a good example of that.

In addition, some DTML code can get really really messy. The trick is to
move to Python quickly in such cases.

But congratulations on picking Zope; it's certainly a very nice and very
powerful system!

> The help is very good and well aimed for beginners.

I haven't explored the new help system yet, but I'm glad it helps. :)
The tutorial was pretty nice when I looked over it.

> Strangely I found it very informative poking around in the Medusa
> source before I installed Zope. It kind of gives you insight into the guts
> of Zope before you start...

I should poke some in the Medusa source myself, then.

Regards,

Martijn