Functional Programming in Python

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 7 16:26:00 EDT 2000

Ted Goranson <tedg at sirius-beta.com> writes:

> Hello--
>
> Is anyone doing any functional programming in Python?

Not seriously, I suspect.  It doesn't really mesh well with the Python
view of the world.

> I understand there was quite a push to add lamdba capabilities some
> years back.

?  Python has 'lambda's; they don't have the scoping rules many people
would expect - is this what you're talking about?  If so, there may be
a hazy kind of light on the horizon - but not soon (ie. beyond 2.0).

Cheers,
M.

--
  If you give someone Fortran, he has Fortran.
  If you give someone Lisp, he has any language he pleases.