Registration errors on win32all.exe installation

Alex Martelli alex at magenta.com
Fri Aug 4 14:27:27 EDT 2000

"FxItAL" <fxital at aol.comnospam> wrote in message
news:20000804115222.13819.00001495 at ng-cv1.aol.com...
> Hello,
>
> I received the following 3 error msg's during the win32all.exe
installation.

> "Registration of AXScript Engine COM
>                       Python Interpreter COM
>                       Python Dictionary COM server failed.
>
> Installation will continue, but this server will require manual
registration
> before it will  function.
>
> exception.ImportError: DLL load failed: A device attached to the system is
not
> functioning."
>
> Running Win95 on a 486 DX2 66. (Don't laugh, will be upgrading soon:-)
>
> How do I manually register these items?

It is possible that your system is lacking some up-to-date system
DLL's, if it's that ancient.  Installing a recent release of IE
would likely fix that -- if IE 5.5 runs, you're likely to have
very up-to-date system DLL's, and the IE installer sees to that
(or used to; not sure if IE 5.5's installer still works that way).

Alex