What is python's language level?

Ralf Muschall rmuschall.fih at t-online.de
Tue Apr 4 16:18:24 EDT 2000

Michael Zawrotny schrieb:

> Very arbitrary.  I liked the fact that in their table:

> common lisp = 5.00
> scheme = 6.00

They seem to have split Common Lisp into CLOS (level 15)
and a CLOS-deprived rest (and probably did not look at
#Z(series) at all).

Scheme > Lisp might be due to the slightly diffrerent dominant
style in the two communities (schemers seem to prefer a more
functional style).

OTOH, I'd guess that they did not look very hard at lispisch
languages -- the dynamically scoped mulisp got the same
level like the real (lexically scoped) lisps.

The high value for HTML is funny, particularly if one looks
at such nasty lines like

(the only purpose of which is to make the result look ugly
and the rendering slower) in their code.

Ralf