Circular references (was: Defining VCL-like framework for Python)

Hans Nowak ivnowa at hvision.nl
Thu May 20 14:41:52 EDT 1999

On 20 May 99, Ce'Nedra took her magical amulet and heard Graham Matthews say:

>Hans Nowak (ivnowa at hvision.nl) wrote:
>: It seems that cyclic references are one of Python's problems, yes. So
>you : need to avoid those. :^)
>
>The problem is that as I understand the Python implementation you can very
>easily make circular refs the without even knowing you are doing it via
>globals. Or has this been changed?

I don't know very much about this subject... I know it can be a problem with
deleting objects... they sit in memory because there's still a reference to
them, while you thought you deleted it. I can't really give an example
though. I didn't hear about circular references via globals without even
knowing it.

I'm sure there are people who have more to say on this... *hint*

Veel liefs,

+  Hans Nowak  (Zephyr Falcon)
+  Homepage (under construction): http://www.cuci.nl/~hnowak/
+  You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.
+  May a wicked barber obscenely touch your chicken pot pie!