Python & IRC?

jam jam at newimage.com
Wed Jun 2 06:17:12 EDT 1999

On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 08:21:17PM +0000, Benjamin Schollnick wrote:

> Folks,
>
> 	Has anyone done anything in regards to making a IRC
> daemon/server in Python?
>
> 	I'm thinking about sitting down and doing some socket
> work with Python, and I wouldn't want to reproduce the wheel again...
>
> 			Benjamin

yes.

I have such code, and I'll be willing to send it to you presuming youare
willing to honor an LGPL license for it.. I will also be willing to answer
any questions or concerns you may have regarding how IRC works.. I've
already been through the process, and it can get a bit hairy.. actually, if
you look through dejanews, you may be able to find other posts along these
lines.. what would be *really* cool is if we pooled resouces and wrote an
irc daemon in python to compliment the irc client(s).

let me know how you'd like to proceed.

regards,