Announce: Pyxie - an Open Source XML Processing Library for Python

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 06:35:01 EST 1999

Can someone explain in simple terms what the real advantages of XML as
an intermediate language are?

I understand that it's a data description language, but aren't there
other more compact languages for data description?

Almost all modern programming languages have some means for describing
data items or objects or classes or whatever. Why don't we have a
derivative of C++ or python or whatever for data description?

I'm also a bit suspicious of something which M$ seems really
enthusiastic about.
--
Robin Becker