Problem getting output of subprocesses with commands.getstatusoutput()

Andreas Jung ajung at sz-sb.de
Tue Dec 28 03:37:36 EST 1999

I am trying to get the output of a python script and its children (the
childrens are fork()ed from the main python script) via
commands.getstatusoutput().  There is the following misbehaviour of the
commands module:

- when I call commands.getstatusoutput() from python script that is
startet from a shell I get the complete output of the called script and
its children
- when the same script is started from cron I get only the output from
the parent process but not the output from the children

Bug or feature ?

Thanks,
Andreas