Python as an ODBC *source* on windoze ?

Boris Borcic zorro at zipzap.ch
Wed Apr 14 04:31:34 EDT 1999

Richard Folwell wrote:

> It is certainly possible to implement a DBMS in Python (check out Gadfly!), but
> I suspect that you are asking a different question. (?)

Indeed. It is my (untested) understanding that the MS Access Report writer (and gui)
can be exploited with data from other vendor's databases through ODBC.

I was wondering if it was possible to configure python to serve data appropriately
to queries from the report writer -- this doesn't mean implementing a full DBMS
in python, only to feed back appropriately patterned data to the report generator.

BB