[Python-legal-sig] Making it possible to accept contributions without CLA

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Dec 10 00:20:08 CET 2014

Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> writes:

> I don’t have an opinion on CLAs, and I quite like the ALv2 license,
> however I do want to point out that it is the opinion of the FSF that
> the ALV2 is not compatible with GPLv2 (though it is with GPLv3).

That is correct (by the FSF's opinion too), which is why I specified the
Apache License 2.0 is compatible with the GPLv3.

Note too that this was just one example of a free-software license which
the PSF could choose for distributing Python, which would be compatible
with Apache License 2.0 contributions; it was not an advocation of any
particular license.

--
 \     “[F]reedom of speech does not entail freedom to have your ideas |
  `\    accepted by governments and incorporated into law and policy.” |