[Python-legal-sig] Is CLA required to send and accept edits for Python documentation?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Aug 16 04:53:44 CEST 2013

Jesse Noller <jnoller at gmail.com> writes:

> […] you have to account for the Python license itself which is
> actually a "stack" stemming from the old beOpen days, python labs etc.

That's an interesting point. Nick Coghlan and I discussed this at PyCon
AU 2013. There are many wrinkles in the ancient license terms. But I
don't see how that leads to the PSF's assertion that a CLA is required.

Can we have a clear explanation of what the relevance of the ancient
(but, of course, still legally-binding) license terms are to the
discussion of why a CLA is needed?

--
 \        “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more |
  `\    robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument |