[python-ldap] ANN: python-ldap 2.4.26

Benjamin Dauvergne bdauvergne at entrouvert.com
Tue Jul 26 04:19:24 EDT 2016

I have a problem with the new LDIF parser, the following LDIF fixture (it's part
of tests of an LDAP connector) used to be parsed correctly:

'''dn: uid=john.doe,o=orga
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn: John Doe
sn: Doe
mail: john.doe at example.com
uid: john.doe
uid: john.doe at entrouvert.com
'''

now I need to feed this, i.e. I need two new lines at the end of the file:

mail: john.doe at example.com
uid: john.doe
uid: john.doe at entrouvert.com

'''

Was my fixture already not conformant or is the modified parser in 2.4.26 broken
?

Le 07/24, Michael Ströder a écrit :
> Find a new release of python-ldap:
>
>   https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ldap/2.4.26
>
> python-ldap provides an object-oriented API to access LDAP directory
> servers from Python programs. It mainly wraps the OpenLDAP 2.x libs for
> that purpose. Additionally it contains modules for other LDAP-related
> stuff (e.g. processing LDIF, LDAP URLs and LDAPv3 schema).
>
> Project's web site:
>
>   http://www.python-ldap.org/
>
> Checksums:
>
> md5sum python-ldap-2.4.26.tar.gz
> ef5a5eff45972232205115e3f4a71955
>
> sha1sum python-ldap-2.4.26.tar.gz
> 38416b0bf9311dad61c2ca1f68c76055a107e5e4
>
> sha256sum python-ldap-2.4.26.tar.gz
> 09c852e343ab97f566279be331736ebdb35723b7887db30a10990f4099e7619b
>
> Ciao, Michael.

> Released 2.4.26 2016-07-24
>
> Changes since 2.4.25:
>
> Installation:
> * added ldap.controls.sss to py_modules in setup.py
>
> Lib/
> * LDAPObject.unbind_ext() now removes class attribute
>   LDAPObject._l to completely invalidate C wrapper object
> * LDAPObject.unbind_ext() now flushes trace file
> * ldap.ldapobject.SimpleLDAPObject:
>   added convenience methods read_rootdse_s() and get_naming_contexts()
> * added functions ldap.strf_secs() and ldap.strp_secs()
> * added function ldap.filter.time_span_filter()
> * Refactored ldif.LDIFParser
>   * ldif.LDIFParser.version ís now Integer
>   * ignore multiple empty lines between records
> * Fixed ldap.dn.is_dn()
>
> Modules/
> * Fixed #69 Segmentation fault on whoami_s after unbind
>   (thanks to Christian Heimes and Petr Viktorin)
>
> Tests/
> * Fixed result3() being used instead of correct result4()
>   (see #66, thanks to David D. Riddle)
> * Tests/slapd.py honors env var $TMP instead of just using
>   hard-coded /var/tmp
> * Tests/slapd.py now expects schema to be in /etc/openldap/
> * Tests/t_ldapurl.py now independent of module ldap
> * Tests/t_ldif.py now has more test-cases including change records
> * added some more test scripts for sub-modules ldap.dn, ldap.filter and
>   ldap.functions (not complete yet)

Benjamin Dauvergne - Tel Entrouvert: 01 43 35 01 35 - Tel perso: 01 84 16 24 53