[python-ldap] python ldap windows OPT_X_TLS_CACERTFILE not working

Peter Bengtsson pbengtsson at mozilla.com
Thu Mar 17 16:29:57 EDT 2016

For what it's worth, I have the same problem on OSX.
I get "option error" when trying to set the path to the cert file
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ldap/2016q1/003691.html

It's still not solved.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Daniel Watrous <dwmaillist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Aside from the goofy (meaningless) filename, it's a standard format cert
> file. I'm not sure how to tell if it's RSA or something else.
>
> So you think this is an issue with openssl and not the path or some
> windows thing?
>
> Daniel
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Daniel Watrous wrote:
>> > It's a path to a windows file.
>> >
>> > [Dbg]>>> print pathtocacertfile
>> > C:\Users\me\Documents\GitHub\automation\ephemeralca-cacert.crt
>> This file name makes me curious:
>> Is it a standard RSA cert?
>> Or ECDSA or....?
>>
>> Not sure which OpenSSL version Waldemar uses in his Win32 builds.
>>
>> Ciao, Michael.

Peter Bengtsson
Mozilla Tools & Services