[python-ldap] Documentation and Git

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Nov 19 00:21:37 EST 2015

cesium5500 at yahoo.ca wrote:
> I take sometime to report my disappointing experience with python-ldap :
>
> I was having issue connecting to an LDAPS server, I did some research, and
> fall on some post on stackoverflow mentioning about
> "ldap.set_option(ldap.OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT, ldap.OPT_X_TLS_NEVER)"

See the hint on top if the section:

http://www.python-ldap.org/doc/html/ldap.html?highlight=opt_x_tls_require_cert#options

As python-ldap is a C wrapper around libldap, So OpenLDAP's man pages apply,
especially ldap_set_option(3).

ldap.OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT simply maps libldap's LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT.

The python-ldap docs would have to copy all this text which does not make much
sense especially given all the various meanings depending on the TLS lib
libldap is linked to on your platform (OpenSSL, GnuTLS on Debian, libnss on
Fedora/RHEL).