[python-ldap] GSSAPI and Active Directory

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Aug 13 13:12:55 CEST 2015

Jun Sheng wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:51 AM, Michael Ströder <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
>> 陈伟洪 wrote:
>>> I try to use digest-md5:
>>> [..]
>>> ldap.INVALID_CREDENTIALS: {'info': "80090303: LdapErr: DSID-0C0904BE,
>>> comment: The digest-uri does not match any LDAP SPN's registered for this
>>> server., data 0, v1db1", 'desc': 'Invalid credentials'}

>> It works for me both GSSAPI and DIGEST-MD5.
>>
>> But MS AD is pretty picky regarding correct DNS names to be used. So this
>> likely does not work:
>
> I think this requirement is employed by DIGEST-MD5 or say Cyrus-SASL

Have a look at the error message in the DIGEST-MD5 case.
It starts with "80090303: LdapErr: DSID-0C0904BE .." which is typical for
diagnostic messages returned in LDAP results by MS AD.

In the GSSAPI case there are definitely additional dependencies on Kerberos
principal names and correct DNS entries used. In fact "fix your DNS" is the
standard answer when experiencing issues like that.