[python-ldap] Error in Installing python-ldap - RHEL 6.5 Server - Python 2.7.9

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 09:52:10 CET 2015

On 11.2.2015 09:18, Anurag Chourasia wrote:
> I am installing python-ldap on a RHEL 6.5 Server. I am on Python 2.7.9
>
> I am using the following command to installl
>
> pip2.7 install python-ldap
>
> The compilation process fails with lots of errors. Could someone please
> guide me? The session transcript is at  http://dpaste.com/2BQFWF8

Hello,

why you do not want to use
$ yum install python-ldap
?

If you really want to use pip - you are most probably missing openldap-devel
package.

I would recommend you to download source package and look into .spec file in
the src.rpm to see how it is compiled in RHEL, what packages are in build
requirement set etc.

Have a nice day!

--
Petr Spacek  @  Red Hat