[python-ldap] AD objectGUID conversion to string

Fri Sep 19 20:53:27 CEST 2014

On 19 Sep 2014, at 10:44, Kernel Panic wrote:

> Hello everyone, when I extract the objectGUID value from an AD account
> believe it is extracted in binary format, can anyone show me a way to
> convert that to a string similar to what you would get from
> Microsoft's
> csvde.exe tool?

No access to an AD server any more, but is it possible that the value is
base64 encoded? If `ldapsearch` shows two colons instead of one after
that attribute, that’s probably the case. If so, you just need to
decode it. There are a million ways to do it. In Python, it’s as easy
as

     import base64
     base64.decodestring(whatever)

--