[python-ldap] ppolicy response message

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Sep 8 14:33:16 CEST 2014

Mucahit BUYUKYILMAZ wrote:
> I am building sso with openldap for our university. I am using ppolicy. Everything is good but when i try to bind a locked user with python-ldap it gave me 49 INVALID_CREDENTIALS: {'desc': 'Invalid credentials'}.
>
> ldapwhoami gives "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49); Account locked" with "-e ppolicy"
>
> I am searching 2 days how to do that but couldnt find yet. I checked this one https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ldap/2012q4/003156.html is it implemented? or how can I handle this issue

Sorry, one of the deficiencies of python-ldap is that response control values
are not extracted from the LDAP response in case of errors.

See also:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ldap/2012q4/003159.html

This is an important point in TODO. So if anyone with enough C development
skills has time to develop a patch I'd be happy to merge that.