[python-ldap] Licensing

Radomir Dopieralski radomir.dopieralski at allegro.pl
Fri May 18 10:30:02 CEST 2012

Hello,

we are using python-ldap in our project that we want to publish as open source software on behalf of our company. However, before we can do so, we have to clear all the licensing problems with our lawyers, in particular, we have to make sure that the licenses of all the libraries we use let us publish the code under an open source license.

We collected all the licenses of all our dependencies, but there is a problem with python-ldap: the LICENSE file in the project's repository only mentions that python-ldap is distributed under a "python-style" license, and then has a disclaimer. However, it does not contain a specific text of the license or any reference to a particular version of "python license" -- the page http://docs.python.org/license.html lists a number of different licenses for different versions of Python.

Without a concrete text of the license for our lawyers to review we are blocked from releasing our project to the public, as it is perceived as threat to the company. Would it be possible to include a full text of the license in the LICENSE file, or an unambiguous reference to a specific license? That would help us a lot.

Thank you,
--
Radomir Dopieralski
radomir.dopieralski at allegro.pl