[python-ldap] PyPy-LDAP

Bradley McCandless bradskins at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 19:54:29 CET 2011

Hello,

I've built a PyPy version of python-ldap (2.4.6), and I get the following
error when I try to import:

Python 2.7.1 (?, Dec 02 2011, 19:18:28)
[PyPy 1.7.0 with GCC 4.6.2] on freebsd9
And now for something completely different: ``calling the translation tool
chain a 'script' is kind of offensive''
Fatal error in cpyext, CPython compatibility layer, calling PyTuple_Check
Either report a bug or consider not using this particular extension
<InvalidPointerException object at 0x1822318>
RPython traceback:
  File "module_cpyext_api_4.c", line 28061, in PyTuple_Check
  File "module_cpyext_pyobject.c", line 6540, in CpyTypedescr_type_realize
  File "module_cpyext_typeobject.c", line 1034, in type_realize
  File "module_cpyext_typeobject.c", line 2540, in _type_realize
  File "module_cpyext_typeobject.c", line 4836, in W_PyCTypeObject___init__
  File "module_cpyext_pyobject.c", line 1213, in BaseCpyTypedescr_realize
Segmentation fault: 11

I asked on the PyPy IRC and they suggested that PyTuple_Check is running
before initializing module.  Any thoughts on a fix?

-brads