[python-ldap] LDAP Sync (RFC 4533) support

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Jul 28 09:01:55 CEST 2011

Chris Mikkelson wrote:
> replication client. It also requires the patch to
> Modules/message.c Michael just committed.

I have to review that again. Maybe the 3-tuple vs. 4-tuple thing should be
fixed in LDAPObject.result4(). I will do that during the day...

> Since the sync replication protocol is moderately
> complicated, the primary API exposed by this module is a
> base class which inherits from LDAPObject

How about implementing it as a mix-in class like ldap.resiter.ResultProcessor?
Then one can use it together with ReconnectLDAPObject or any other class
derived from LDAPObject.

http://www.python-ldap.org/doc/html/ldap-resiter.html

If you don't mind I will change your patch. Especially it would be nice if one
could use ldap.resiter.ResultProcessor (result processing generator class)
together with syncrepl.