[python-ldap] github etc.

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Apr 22 16:54:04 CEST 2011

Florian Friesdorf wrote:
> I imported python-ldap to github [2] because I prefer it and intend to
> work (maybe with Vitaliy?) on patches.

I strongly dislike having python-ldap code on public services like github also
for legal reasons. You should really check with python-ldap community before
doing something like this. So please remove it from there! Note that for
various similar reasons I will completely move away from SourceForge.

I really appreciate when people contribute code. But please do so using the
existing infrastructure! You can always sync a local git repo with CVS HEAD if
that helps your work. BTW: Indeed I have some plans improving the
infrastructure and using git or mercurial is on the roadmap. So the
community's input on this is also very welcome.