SASL GSSAPI under Win32

Torsten Kurbad python-ldap at tk-webart.de
Mon Aug 17 11:13:09 CEST 2009

Hi list,

sorry for getting back to this so late, but I've been away from my
Windows development machine for a while...

> My understanding of how it is supposed to work is that _ldap.pyd
> calls into libsasl.dll first (this part works) but then libsasl.dll
> has to find and load the requested auth mechanism.
> Unfortunately I did not find a way of telling libsasl where the
> auth plugin dlls are located.
> Dropping them into the same directory and hoping it will find them
> does not seem to work.

Waldemar, I now tried a differente approach: I used our "patented"
pexports method to statically link in the following sasl auth plugins:

- ANONYMOUS
- CRAMMD5
- DIGESTMD5
- LOGIN
- PLAIN

But telling from the size of the .egg file, gcc most probably dropped
all the additional symbols. :-(
Could someone with an appropriate setup please check out

http://svn.kmrc.de/download/distribution/contrib/python_ldap-2.3.9-py2.6-win32.egg

try one or more of the above auth mechanisms and report back here?

Thanks in advance
Torsten
--
  I am a deeply superficial person. -Andy Warhol