ldap.ENCODING_ERROR when trying to use SimplePageResultsControl

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Mar 3 14:01:10 CET 2009

Joel Heenan wrote:

> I'm trying to use SimplePagedResultsControl so I can pull some data out
> of Active Directory that has a Server-Limit set. I got most of my code
> from this guide http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/18274.html

Since I posted this code I think it works. ;-)

>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/ldap/controls.py", line 78,
> in encodeControlValue
>
>     return _ldap.encode_page_control(size,cookie)
>
> ldap.ENCODING_ERROR

It seems you're running on a 64-bit platform. I did never test
python-ldap on such a system. Which version of python-ldap is it? Did
you compile it yourself? Which versions of OpenLDAP libs are used?

> Server is RHEL5.2

Hmm, isn't this quite old? I'd guess old versions of python-ldap and
OpenLDAP are shipped with this release.