Updated eggs for linux x86 and amd64

Waldemar Osuch waldemar.osuch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:43:24 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Torsten Kurbad
<python-ldap at tk-webart.de> wrote:
> On Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 03:44 Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>
>> <snip, re: distributing Windows deps>
>>> Does anyone have a great idea on how to accomplish that (besides
>>> giving away a zip file that has to be manually unpacked to a proper
>>> location)?
>
>> The best way really would be to build it statically. I did manage to
>> do this *once*, but fail to remember how. I'm sure it is possible
>> though.
>
> Yes, that's definitely a good idea. I'll try to accomplish this. If I'm
> stuck somewhere, maybe we can explore your memory together? ;-)

FYI

To force static build of the extensions I tweak source of
distutils/cygwinccompiler.py
After lineno 299 I have added:

#TODO enable to force static build
if False:
    shared_option = "-mdll -static"

and change "False" into "True" whenever I build python-ldap.
It seems to work.

If you find a more elegant way of doing it please share.

Waldemar Osuch
http://www.osuch.org