Error while building

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Aug 7 10:26:43 CEST 2008

Sig wrote:
> Matej Vela a écrit :
>> Sig <sig at akasig.org> writes:
>>> I can't build python-ldap-2.3.5. What should I do ?
>> Looks like you're missing libldap2-dev.  Please run
>>
>>     # apt-get install build-essential libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev python-dev
> [..]
> Too bad all these dev libs are required for installing python-ldap from
> the cheeseshop. Or maybe these requirements should be clearly indicated
> on the python-ldap package page ?

The build prerequisites are mentioned in the python-ldap docs:
http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/doc/html/installing.html#prerequisites

Note that apt-get is specific for Debian-based Linux distributions. The
python-ldap docs have to be generic. I'd accept distribution-specific
sections for the installation docs though.